Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Disco Dance Floor - Crazy/Wonky 4 patch

PHEW!  I just finished this quilt top.  I do want to add a border around it though.  But this is what I have done so far.  I really like how it turned out.  It is big enough for a twin bed.

And because I took the "Process Pledge", I am including the below information:

1) Is this design inspired by a past quilt or someone else's quilt you saw (link, please)?  YES, THE STASH STACK QUILT BY JAYBIRD QUILTS.  http://www.swatchandstitch.com/home_page/2010/12/10/a-little-birdie-told-me-stash-stack-quilt-tutorial.html

2) Does the color palette come from somewhere specific?   NOT REALLY, JUST FABRICS I HAD ON HAND & THE MULTI COLORED FABRIC STARTED THE INSPIRATION BECAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF A DISCO DANCE FLOOR THAT LIGHTS UP.

3) Are you trying to evoke a specific feeling?  NOPE.

4) Is this quilt intended for a specific person?  NOPE.  How did that inform your choices?

5) Are you following a pattern, emulating a block you saw somewhere, using a liberated process, or totally winging it?  I AM FOLLOWING A BLOCK BY JAYBIRD QUILTS FOR HER STASH STACK QUILT.  http://www.swatchandstitch.com/home_page/2010/12/10/a-little-birdie-told-me-stash-stack-quilt-tutorial.html

6) What are you hating about this quilt at this stage?  THE SIZE BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE MORE FABRIC. 

7) What do you love?  THE WAY THE DESIGN TURNED OUT.

8) Did you push yourself to try something new?  YES, THIS WAS MY VERY FIRST CRAZY-WONKY ANYTHING.

9) In working on the quilt, are you getting ideas about what you might want to try next?  NOPE.  What?  Did you sketch it?




0 comment(s) from Kool People:

Post a Comment

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...