Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sweet Treats Quilted Minky Blanket for my Neice Yasmine

For a few years now I have made Minky Blankets for my nephew Yusof and neices Yara & Yasmine.  The way that I did them in the past is I sewed the fabric right sides together, turned them right side out then sewed the opening closed.  This is okay for using 2 minky fabrics but not so good for cotton and minky because of all the static created between the layers & the shifting of the fabrics getting all bunched up.

My new way of making the blankets is just like a quilt but without batting.  Thisparticular one ended up about 44"x67".


 I USED HOT PINK DIMPLE DOT MINKY FOR THE BACK

 BINDING WAS ATTACHED & FINISHED BY MACHINE

 I USED A 1/8" STRAIGHT TOPSTITCH TO FINISH THE BINDING

 MY TWIN REALLY LIKES ROUNDED CORNERS

I DID BASIC FREE MOTION QUILTING USING RANDOM 5" SHAPES IN CIRCLES, SQUARES & HAD TO INCLUDE HEARTS BECAUSE I LOVE MY NEICE.  CAN YOU SEE THEM?  MY TEMPLATES WERE THE BOTTOM OF A HALF GALLON ALMOND MILK CONTAINER, THE ROUND PLASTIC TOP FROM A RAISIN CONTAINER AND THE HEART WAS FROM THE ZIPPER COIN PURSES I MADE IN MY PREVIOUS POST.

This is the best blanket so far that I have made for my twin's kids.  Doing it like a quilt does take longer but it looks way better.

0 comment(s) from Kool People:

Post a Comment

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...