Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Craftsy Quilting Class Review - Creative Quilt Backs (FREE CLASS)

I just finished a FREE Craftsy class titled Creative Quilt Backs with Elizabeth Hartman.  I must say that I learned ALOT!  I never was interested in making my quilt backs other than with just a plain fabric but this class really opened my eyes to the possibilities.  I liked how Elizabeth was very detailed in her explanations and showed exactly what to do for each step.  I highly recommend this class to anyone that quilts whether you are new to it or are a veteran quilter.  Plus the class is FREE so you can't beat that!

THE COURSE GOES OVER:
  • The math for doing a creative back
  • How to add a pieced strip to the back
  • Adding a single block to the back
  • Using up your scraps to create a wonky/abstract back - I LIKE THIS METHOD BEST
Finish your quilt with a flourish by creating a back that's worthy of the front. Renowned modern quilter Elizabeth Hartman shows you a variety of easy ways to echo or complement your quilt's design using large prints, strips, blocks or patchwork. Whatever your quilting style, you're sure to find inspiration in this free mini-class.

 I love the Craftsy platform for taking classes.  I can watch any of the lessons, over and over again which means I can learn at my own paceAccess to my classes will never expire.  I can ask questions and get feedback from the course instructor for paid courses, fellow students respond in the FREE courses.  Course materials can be downloaded and Video Notes can be added to any part of the videos to refer back to later on.

About Elizabeth Hartman:

  • Author of The Practical Guide to Patchwork and Modern Patchwork
  • Blogger at Oh, Fransson!

Elizabeth Hartman is the author of the bestselling book, The Practical Guide to Patchwork, which won a 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Award. Her second book, Modern Patchwork, was released in May 2012. Elizabeth blogs about quilting at ohfransson.com, and is a board member of The Modern Quilt Guild.

To learn more about the course & to see the preview video, click either image above.

0 comment(s) from Kool People:

Post a Comment

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...