Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dubai Mall - World's Largest Mall

For the first 4 days of my 3 month trip this past Spring, we stayed in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).  We visited the Dubai Mall every day.  It's a really beautiful mall inside and out.  I learned that Dubai Mall is the World's Largest Mall!

The Dubai Mall opened in November, 2008 & is the world's largest shopping mall based on total area and sixth largest by gross leasable area.  It is part of the 20-billion-dollar Burj Khalifa complex, and includes 1,200 shops & over 160 food & beverage restaurants/cafes.  The mall is 4-5 stories high.


Dubai Mall has alot of the same mall stores that we are all used to as well as local stores, British stores, etc.  It even has an ice skating rink & Aquarium inside!  There is a movie theater and a HUGE water fountain outside that performs a show every 30 minutes to music.  The fountain has different choreographed shows that follow the beat of the music.  Videos are below.


Here you can see The Dubai Mall's YouTube channel.  Videos include NeYo, Natasha Beddingfield, fashion shows, exhibits, etc. 




 

 AERIAL VIEW OF DUBAI

AERIAL VIEW OF PART OF THE DUBAI MALL

 GOLD SOUK INSIDE THE MALL - WORLD'S LARGEST INDOOR GOLD SOUK

 GOLD SOUK

GOLD SOUK

 ICE SKATING RINK INSIDE THE MALL



 WATERFALL INSIDE THE MALL



 HUGE ENTERTAINING WATER FOUNTAIN OUTSIDE THE MALL.

 HUGE POOL & WATER FOUNTAIN OUTSIDE THE MALL



 SWITCH RESTAURANT & LOUNGE IN THE MALL




 INDOOR AQUARIUM

HAS OVER 33,000 AQUATIC ANIMALS REPRESENTING OVER 85 DIFFERENT MARINE SPECIES.











I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY TRAVEL BLOG POSTS!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I have seen quick glimpses of this mall, but I had no idea how big and beautiful it is! Thank you for sharing your travel pics and posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome1 I have lots more posts to come as I got so behind on editing videos & pictures from my trip.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard about the mall before. It must be pretty amazing! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...