Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Possible Rainbow Fat Quarter Club - Feedback Requested

Hey Yall, I was thinking about something & wanted to run it by yall.  Please give feedback!  

Instead of doing any more Rainbow Fat Quarter Swaps, I was thinking of doing a monthly Rainbow Fat Quarter Club that would include printed fabrics of 1/2 colors in the same color family & possibly solids (see example picture below).  All fabrics will be quilt quality.  I was thinking of doing 4 fat quarters for each month to keep the costs down.  How this would work is you sign up & pay the membership fee after I make each month's announcement on my blog, then random fat quarters would be bought & sent to you.  This is a great way for all of us to build up our stashes.  Doing this each month will give you 48 fat quarters that will hopefully all be different.  You can sign up as often or as little as you like.  This is different than the Fat Quarter Swaps in that you don't have to buy the fabric yourself and ship it to me then pay a return shipping fee.  With the Fat Quarter Club you just pay & wait for your fabric to arrive in the mail.  EASY PEASY!  I plan to do this Monthly to keep the momentum going and keep my stash fresh.  I would announce the new rotation on the 1st day of each month and signups/club payments would be accepted until the 21st of the month.  This gives me enough time to buy the fabric, cut it and ship it out by the last day of the month.  Then the cycle would repeat itself on the 1st of the next month.  I will try to choose colors and fabrics according to the seasons (i.e. oranges/browns/pumpkins, etc for fall...............blues/reds/greens/golds/snowflakes, etc for the winter).

I MAY start the club on August 1st.  If not, then I will start on September 1st.  The price I would need to figure out since it would include the cost of the fabric (which is usually around $10/yd for quilt quality), PayPal transaction fees, the cost of the ziploc bag, bubble shipping envelope & actual shipping.  Shouldn't be more than say $17 USD or $20 CAD or so per month that you sign up for..........but again not sure just yet.

This would be open to Canada & the USA only!  If you live overseas and REALLY want to participate, I am more than happy to oblige but keep in mind that your shipping costs will be more.

WHAT DO YALL THINK?



3 comments:

  1. well, is it rainbow or seasonal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kate BrownHey Kate,

    There are many colors in the rainbow spectrum, which include seasonal colors. I just thought it would be nice that at certain times of the year to include those seasonal colors for any seasonal projects the person may be working on. But in general, they will be rainbow related colors. There are more than 12 colors in the rainbow then a variation of shades as you go deeper into the rainbow spectrum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good idea, but it could wind up being an awful lot of work for you!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...