Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wonky Tic-Tac-Toe Hot Pads - part 2

This is the 2nd post for my Wonky Tic-Tac-Toe Hot Pads that I made for the quilt group in Dhahran, Saudi.  Here is the 1st post.


I just finished the hand binding on 40 hot pads!  Took me several days because each hot pad's binding took about 45 minutes to do.  This was my first time doing hand binding.  I swore that I would never do it but when I saw that the sewing machine lines on the binding on the first few was so ugly and not straight, I decided to learn hand binding.  I do like how the hand binding looks, how relaxing it was to finish and that I could plop myself down on the sofa and do it while watching the Boob Tube.

My cons are that it takes a long time and that it sort of callused my right hand index finger.

My hand binding is totally not Quilt Show quality but I think I did pretty darn good for my first time!


BELOW IS THE VIDEO IS USED TO LEARN THE HAND BINDING


Fat Quarter Shop sponsored the Pat Bravo's Art Gallery "Poetica" fabric.  For each picture below, it shows the reversible fabrics.  2 pairs of reversible hot pads were made for each picture.  I used Kona Cotton Solids for the bindings.














STAY TUNED FOR THE POST WHEN I GIVE THEM AWAY TO THE QUILT GROUP!


3 comments:

  1. Your stack of hot pads are so colorful and that binding is neat and crisp. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Marcia! I'm quite pleased with my work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive and colorful. That's alot of hot pads. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...