Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Goodies from National Quilt Museum for my trip to Saudi

Being that I grew up in Paducah, KY which is dubbed Quilt City USA and since they are the home of The National Quilt Museum I contacted them to see if they would be willing to send me some brochures to share with the ladies in the quilt group in Dhahran, Saudi.  Susan called me on the phone and asked what would I like to have.  I honestly thought that all they would agree to send me was some brochures.  Susan really hooked me up with all kinds of goodies.  I was so excited when I got the box, I tore it open.  Below are pictures of what Susan sent me.  Everything will be given to the quilt group.

Growing up, I thought Paducah was really crappy.  As I got older, I had a new found appreciation for Paducah and it's history.  Paducah was named after Indian Chief Paduke.  There really is ALOT of history in Paducah, the downtown area, the riverfront, etc.  Then along comes The National Quilt Museum to add even more to the area.

Each Spring for a few days Paducah has a Quilt Festival.  Paducah is kinda small but during those days, it's crawling with quilters from all over the globe, young & old, men & women.  Think of Mardi Gras in a small town!  Hotels & motels for hundreds of miles around are completely booked so some visitors end up renting rooms in peoples' homes, kinda like a Bed & Breakfast kind of thing.  I have yet to go but it's on my list.














THANKS SUSAN FOR THE GOODIES!

0 comment(s) from Kool People:

Post a Comment

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...