Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Newest Addition to my Sewing Machine Family

I am part of a local FreeCycle group from which I have gotten some nice stuff.  I was totally excited to get this vintage sewing machine, still working and it was totally FREE.  If you don't know what FreeCycling is...............it's a network of people, usually within a county or metro area that offer stuff that they no longer want or need.  Some of the stuff is new, most gently used, some broken, etc.  I usually go for the new or gently new stuff.  I have offered some things to the group as well.  If there is something that you want or need you can send a 'WANTED" email to the group to see if anyone has it.  You can find anything and everything offered to the group (electronics, appliances, furniture, pet stuff, plants, jewelry, perfume, clothes, shoes, bedding, curtains, home decor, etc).

There are over 5,000 FreeCycle groups all around the globe.  Click the image below to see if there is one in your area.  If there isn't, you can start one yourself or with a group of friends/relatives.


Anyway, onto my new baby.  
A VINTAGE SEWING MACHINE IN A CABINET!  I plugged it in, turned it on, pretended to stitch a couple of stitches.  It works.  I just don't know what all the dials are for and certainly don't know how to thread it or setup the bobbin thread.  IF YOU KNOW ABOUT THESE KINDS OF MACHINES, I AM ALL EARS!  I don't plan to use it.  Will be more for decoration since I have wanted a sewing machine cabinet for a while now.


BELOW ARE UPCLOSE PICTURES OF THE ENTIRE THING


BELOW ARE THE "DECORATIVE STITCH CARTRIDGES", WHICH I HAD NEVER SEEN BEFORE.  EACH CARTRIDGE HAS 2 STITCHES, ONE ON EACH SIDE.


BELOW IS MY "BLUE EYED BEAUTY" EEVEE BEING NOSY AS USUAL




2 comments:

  1. I know absolutely nothing about old machines, but i just had to say that is SO COOL! I look forward to seeing what you find out about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ ManyBooks - Thanks for the kind words. I don't know much about the machine except that it's vintage and works. But I don't plan to use it.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...