Monday, November 14, 2011

Guest Blogger: Tote Bag to Carry all your Projects by Tilda's Twisted Life (Tutorial)

Hello to all the Kool Beanz readers! Thank you so much to April for having me over as a guest blogger! My name is Melinda and I blog over at Tilda's Twisted Life.


[003.jpg]

I am a Georgia girl who started crafting at an early age. I learned to embroider, crochet and cross-stitch from my grandmother and mom as a child. I started making home decor items and some clothing about 12 years ago; this branched off later into lots of bag making. Just about a year ago, I got really interested in quilting so I sort of threw myself into it. Though I created my blogging site earlier, I didn't actually start posting anything until March so I'm slowly working toward a first year anniversary for that as well. I was trying to think of some interesting things about myself. Hmmm....
  • I didn't learn to sew on a machine until I got married. Hubby bought me a machine and actually taught me how (his great grandmother was a seamstress, and his mom and grandmother both sewed!).
  • Hubby and I knew each other in high school but didn't date until I was a senior. After a year of dating, we broke up and didn't see each other at all for 9 years. Then we ran into each other at a hospital we were both working at and we were married within 2 years!
I have been in desperate need for a project bag and searched the internet for what I wanted (with not a lot of luck!). So I decided to take a basic bag and modify it to meet my needs. This bag is BIG, but I give you instructions on how to make it smaller (I'm planning on making a smaller version later!). Want to see it?


Yes, you can make a smaller version! But I love the big one too. I actually took it to our quilting guild's Saturday Sewcial yesterday and it was so nice because EVERYTHING fit in it! I am planning on making a smaller version later with a quilt block front from my X Marks the Spot quilt.  Need a project bag, big or small? I have a great tutorial on my blog.  Come by and check it out!


3 comments:

  1. April -- Great choice for a guest blogger. Melinda rocks. Love the things she creates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to find the Best Dating Site? Join to find your perfect date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know you can shorten your urls with AdFly and get money for every click on your short urls.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...