Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Garlic & Herbed Oven Potatoes - I made for dinner

Okay, it was time for dinner and mind you, I need to grocery shopping, YOU SHOULD SEE MY EMPTY CABINETS.  I needed a side dish and didn't really know what to make.  I had a bag of all purpose potatoes so they are not really the Baked Potato kind.  So I decided to make some Garlic & Herbed potatoes in the oven.



This is what I did, but you can always make less/more and adjust any ingredients or amounts.

I USED:
6 medium sized potatoes
1/4 cup Canola Oil but you can use Olive Oil.  These 2 are "Good Fats" and are great when trying to lose stomach fluff, like myself.  SMILE!
6 fresh garlic cloves
Salt
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper in my pepper mill
Dried Parsley
Dried Basil

I pre-heated my oven to 350 & grabbed a casserole dish.  I washed then cut all of the potatoes in half, then half again.  So I had 4 sticks per potato.  Then I sliced them about 1/4 inch thick. But you can cut them up however you like.  I left the skins on but you can peel them off if you like.  I rinsed them again just to make sure they were clean.  I put them in the casserole dish.  I added the Canola Oil, the freshly minced/microplaned garlic, about 1 Tbsp salt, about 10 or so turns of the pepper mill, about 1 tbsp of each of the dried parsley and dried basil.  I mixed everything right in the casserole dish so no extra dirty dishes.  I cooked them in the oven until done which was like 40 minutes.  But if you want crispy or brownish potatoes, just leave them in until you like how they look.

I must say that I really liked how they turned out.  The garlic and herbs were not overpowering at all, subtle flavor but good.  I will definately make these again, probably with more of the salt, pepper, garlic, basil and parsley.

0 comment(s) from Kool People:

Post a Comment

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...