Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

2009 Annual Quilt Show - Hancock's Fabrics in Paducah, KY. Also, information about Paducah, KY.

I grew up in Paducah, KY, lived there for about 23 years. While living there I never went to the National Quilt Museum, nor had the interest to do so, even though I knew it was there. Paducah is a small city of about 45,000 people. 2 hospitals, 1 mall, 2 Wal-Marts, 1 K-mart, no Targets, several restaurants, some motels/hotels, a small concert hall, 1 movie theater. Well, you get the idea.

Anyway, this hole in the wall houses the National Quilt Museum. Every Spring for a few days, I think a weekend, Paducah is crawling with men & women, young & old who LOVE TO QUILT! People from all over the world come to Paducah for this Quilt Festival of sorts. Imagine Mardi Gras but for Quilt & Fabric Addicts!

Paducah does have TONS of history!  I-24 runs right through Paducah making it easy to get to.  It's about 2 hours from Nashville, TN.................& right across the river from Metropolis & Brookport, Il.  Paducah is also known for its extensive lakes areas (Land Between the Lakes or "LBL") which is totally BEAUTIFUL!  There are TONS of things to do at LBL.

Now that I have been away from Paducah for several years, I now quilt, LOVE & am ADDICTED to fabric and now want to visit the Museum & would love to participate in the Annual Quilt Show festivities!

Below & above are some pictures from one of the only fabric stores in Paducah, Hancock's Fabrics.

0 comment(s) from Kool People:

Post a Comment

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

I try to respond to all comments on my blog except during give-aways. If you never receive a reply to comments you leave here, you are probably a no-reply-comment-blogger. Change that status in your blogger profile and I will start responding to your comments!

NO WORD VERIFICATION HERE! YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...